Nisaa is a global impact strategist, policy advisor and solicitor with private equity experience across impact curation, ESG, SDG metric build out across mid-cap PE portfolios (USD 15-100 mil) in the regulated investment management space. Senior level board positions across the globe ranking as most senior ESG officer, Head of Impact & In-House Counsel across a portfolio that spanned three nations.
Current Director and Global Head of Impact, ESG & Sustainability at UMusic Hotels (the joint venture between the world’s largest music group, Universal Music Group (UMG) and Dakia UVentures) alongside the Director of Impact at Alder Fuels (subsidiary of Dakia Energy). Alder Fuels, was launched at a highly publicized White House Event in 2021 and responsible for the largest sustainable fuel agreement in aviation history with United Airlines & Honeywell (both investors) looking to decarbonize our skies.
Nisaa is a Board Member at a United Nations IGO, Curator of ImpactforSDGs, and the Global Ambassador for Climate Change at the Centre for Responsible Leadership (alongside Al Gore’s VP Nominee Senator Lieberman) partnered with President Bill Clinton & John Hopkin’s University. She is part of 100Women@Davos, was a Keynote Speaker at COP26 (openCOP) & moderated at Davos (WEF) 2022 on a panel with Professor Johan Rockström (Rockström has pioneered work on the planetary boundaries framework, first published in 2009. The nine planetary boundaries presented in the framework, from climate to biodiversity, are argued to be fundamental in maintaining a “safe operating space for humanity).
Nisaa launched an energy governance group in the highest house of UK Parliament (House of Lords) (2015) hosted by Under-Secretary of State for International Development & Climate Minister through the membership organisation she founded JCI (p.o.). JCI has global affiliations with the Council of Europe, Economic and Social Chamber of the UN & International Chamber of Commerce.
Nisaa was a pioneer and structured the organisation around the SDGs as JCI was moving from the MDGs into the SDGs and selected alongside 150+ Heads of State to the global adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (2015). Instrumental in curating a focus event at COP21, serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol (CMP) which took place in France, and resulted in the Paris Agreement (Paris Climate Accord), she also presented her energy governance strategy to the Nigerian government alongside Ambassador Diane E. Watson (Former Member of US Congress) and UNESCO Liaison Officer (2016).
Nisaa has been a speaker in UK Parliament on increasing female representation in politics & Int’l governance and worked as a policy analyst and speech writer for Canada’s previous Special Envoy to Sudan inside The Senate of Canada (upper house of Canadian Parliament). She was awarded the Ambassador for Peace Award (UPF), nominated by the United State of Women Summit hosted by The White House and selected by UN Women to curate one of the global 92Y Genius Panels (MSNBC gathered 32 world shakers) on Google Campus also sitting on one of the only global working groups for youth and gender equality with the United Nations (UN Women). She is a Contributing Writer for Arianna Huffington’s Thrive Global and Entrepreneur.
COP 21 (PARIS AGREEMENT)
Having a keen interest in energy governance, carbon neutral solutions and climate change she was instrumental in curating a side-event at COP21, the twenty-first session of the Conference of the Parties (COP) and the eleventh session of the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol (CMP) which took place in Paris, France and resulted in the Paris Agreement. The plenary engaged the USAID Director of Climate Projects, the Deputy Executive Director of UN Women, the Managing Director of Africa Power, the Principal Partner at Development Three alongside an influential global advocate that has advised governments.
Through the platform she launched, Impact-for-SDGs, Nisaa Jetha was invited to the global climate discussions COP26 (November 2021) in Glasgow to engage on an array of topical climate mitigation issues to further the Paris Agreement and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
UN WOMEN, 92 Y & GOOGLE CAMPUS
Nisaa Jetha sat on the only global inter-agency working group for youth and gender equality for almost three years with UN Women, the United Nations entity for gender equality and the empowerment of women; Goodwill Ambassadors include Nicole Kidman, Emma Watson, alongside supporters such as Malala Yousafzai, and Oprah. She was selected by UN Women and 92Y to curate one of the only 32 global UK Genius events on Google Campus.
Nisaa has been involved global governance platforms and been a speaker in UK Parliament on increasing female representation in politics & international governance. She also moderated at The British Awards for African Development, presented her energy governance strategy to the Chief of Staff of the First Lady of Nigeria (H.E. Buhari) alongside Ambassador Diane E. Watson (Former Member of US Congress) and UNESCO Liaison Officer at the International Strategic Alliance Committee Summit.
She speaks globally on the SDGs/ impact investing and selected as a specialist keynote speaker (06.2020) at the United Nations 75th Dialogue on “Economic Transformation Building Back” on strategic thematic solutions for the future alongside the Chief of Strategy for the United Nations 75th Anniversary, Global Head of the UN SDG Campaign and Deputy Head of Global Shapers.
This has been a keynote at an array of impact investing forums and committed to catalyzing finance into the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with a specific focus on net-zero & regenerative solutions.
ESG & SUSTAINABILITY
Nisaa Jetha is speaking at the ESG World Forum on Supporting Sustainable Growth Through ESG Data: A Strategic Metric to Drive Profitability, Efficiency and Risk Avoidance and Implementing an effective ESG Strategy from the Top Down in 2022. The ESG World Forum will bring together a range of leading ESG experts and executive speakers from a range of industries as every major company is considering ESG strategies.
- Ambassador for Climate Change: Nisaa is the current Ambassador for Climate Change (Youth & Women’s Economic Empowerment) at the Centre for Responsible Leadership (Leadership Council includes Al Gore’s Vice President Nominee Senator Lieberman) which is partnered directly with Former President Bill Clinton (Clinton Foundation) & John Hopkins University
- Ambassador for Peace Award: Nisaa Jetha was awarded the Ambassador for Peace Award, for her outstanding service for peace and justice globally alongside other peace leaders (UPF 2016).
- The White House – United State of Women Summit: Nisaa Jetha was nominated by the United State of Women Summit by the White House for her outstanding service to further gender equality globally (2016)
- United Nations: Nisaa has been selected to represent the United Kingdom on multiple occasions (2015-2017) at the United Nations through the membership organisation she launched in UK Parliament and personal capacity.
- UN Brain Trust: Nisaa Jetha was selected to advise as a key UN officials (2020) on a private Brain trust for scaling peace and restorative justice models to catalyse community development and climate change solutions globally.
- Junior Chamber of Commerce: Nisaa Jetha was awarded Junior Chamber of Commerce award (2016) for the membership organization she started JCI Kensington (p.o.) for fastest mobilization within the United Kingdom.
- 100Women@Davos: Part of impact-driven women CEOs, leaders, and changemakers launched in Davos (World Economic Forum) in January 2020 supporting United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (UNSDG) 5 Target 5.5.
PRESS & MEDIA REFERENCES
Nisaa Jetha has been referenced, cited and/or profiled in the following media for her work across international relations, global governance forums and her international speaking engagements.
- Economic Policy Times
- Market Watch
- The Global Reporter Journal
- The Global Business Watch
- The International World Times
- Canadian News Journal
- The Canadian Reporter
- US Political Press Releases – The Latest News from the United States
- US National Times
- The Political Reporter Online
- Finance Industry Today
- Political Journal Canada
- Nasdaq News Today
- Finance Industry Today
- US Politics Today
- US Times Gazette