Nisaa Jetha’s Current Positions
Nisaa Jetha holds a BA (Hons) in International Development Studies from McGill University, an LLB (Hons) from the University of London with post-graduate diplomas in International Law from the University of Nottingham and bar from the University of Law. She was asked to take part in Harvard Kennedy’s School of Government Initiative for Responsive Investing (IRI) developed in collaboration with the World Economic Forum.
AWARDS & MEMBERSHIPS:
She was awarded the Ambassador for Peace Award (UPF) and separately nominated by the United State of Women Summit hosted by The White House. Nisaa has been selected to represent the United Kingdom at the United Nations through the membership organisation she launched in UK Parliament. She was also selected to advise key UN officials on a private Braintrust for scaling peace and restorative justice models to catalyse community development and climate change solutions. She is part of a 100 Women at Davos (World Economic Forum), launched at Davos on January 2020 for C-Suite women working towards participation in leadership at all levels of decision making. Members include Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala the current Director General of the World Trade Organisation.
- Director & Board Member
- Department Head of Sustainable Finance, ESG & Impact Investing
- Global Expert & Impact Committee Member
- CONSILIENCE VENTURES
- Editorial Contributor
- Arianna Huffington’s THRIVE GLOBAL
United Nations Inter-Governmental Organisation (IGO). Nisaa is Director (Board of Directors) on a United Nations Inter-Governmental Organisation, The Be Earth Foundation (Be Earth). An IGO is comprised mainly of sovereign states or other IGOs, like the World Health Organisation (WHO), The World Bank, and other global actors. IGOs are involved in treaty making and often have international legal status which bind the IGO and its Member States under international law. IGOs differ from NGOs in that they work at the highest level of government with Heads of State. Be Earth advises, assists and enables in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) on behalf 12 countries with which it has Treaties.
- Strategic Partners Include: U-Ventures (Universal Music Group), Dakia Global Enterprise & Morgan Stanley.
- Network Partners Include: The African Union, UN Habitat, Real Madrid FC, World Health Organisation, World Health Innovation Summit, SDG Cities, Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Select U-Ventures Advisors Include:
VENTURE CAPITAL & PRIVATE EQUITY
Nisaa is a current Global Expert and on the Impact Committee of Consilience Ventures one of the first tokenised venture-capital funds where she advises and supports their portfolio companies and recommends investment opportunities. She also consults for other funds/ PE managers across impact advisory strategy.
ACADEMY4THEFUTURE– SMARTlab Academy4thefuture is an innovative research program around building out next generation solutions to catalyse and co-create a sustainable future 4 all. It was launched at Davos in 2018 with presence from the United Nations & the Female Quotient.
- Professor Harriet Anna Mayor Fulbright the widow of United States Senator J. William Fulbright of the Fulbright Foundation. She was the former Executive Director of the President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities under President Bill Clinton. She currently serves as President of the Harriet Fulbright Center. In addition, she served as a Board President of Harriet Fulbright College. Professor Harriet Fulbright serves as an unofficial ambassador for the Fulbright Program.
- Lizbeth Goodman the Chair of Creative Technology Innovation and Full Professor of Inclusive Design for Engineering and Education at University College Dublin (Ireland), where she directs the Inclusive Design Research Centre of Ireland at UCD (IDRC) within the College of Engineering and Architecture, in collaboration with SMARTlab, which she founded in 1992 under its first impact imprint in the UK.
- Dr. Jacquelyn Ford Morie a Member of the Board of Directors at the Virtual World Society who also serves as a Senior Adviser to the XPRIZE Foundation.
Nisaa Jetha is a Co-Founder of Athari-Rise that furthers and engages in climate-neutral solutions.
THRIVE GLOBAL– Thrive Global seeks to raise awareness and create real and tangible solutions to help individuals, companies and communities improve their well-being and performance to unlock their greatest potential.
- Global Civil Society Led Initiative – Beijing +25 and Generation Equality Forum
- Advisory Working Group to the Core Group representing civil society’s best interests and needs in the planning process for the Generation Equality Forums (UN Women)
- NGO -CSW
- The Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) is the principal global intergovernmental body exclusively dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women. A functional commission of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), it was established by ECOSOC resolution 11(II) of 21 June 1946.The CSW is instrumental in promoting women’s rights, documenting the reality of women’s lives throughout the world, and shaping global standards on gender equality and the empowerment of women. In 1996, ECOSOC in resolution 1996/6 (see p. 20) expanded the Commission’s mandate and decided that it should take a leading role in monitoring and reviewing progress and problems in the implementation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, and in mainstreaming a gender perspective in UN activities.