Nisaa Jetha’s Current Positions
Nisaa is currently the Director and Head of Global Impact, ESG & Sustainability at U Music Hotels (the joint venture between the world’s largest music group, Universal Music Group and Dakia U-Ventures (DUV) alongside the Director of Impact at Alder Fuels (subsidiary of Dakia Energy). Alder Fuels, was launched at a highly publicized White House Event in 2021 and responsible for the largest sustainable fuel agreement in aviation history with United Airlines & Honeywell (both investors) looking to decarbonize our skies.
Nisaa is a qualified solicitor with private equity experience across impact curation, ESG, SDG metric build out across mid-cap PE portfolios (USD 15-100 mil) previously ranking as most senior ESG officer (designated by the World Bank (IFC)) across a portfolio that spanned three nations. She is the Curator of ImpactforSDGs, and the Global Ambassador for Climate Change at the Centre for Responsible Leadership (alongside Al Gore’s VP Nominee Senator Lieberman) partnered with President Bill Clinton & John Hopkin’s University. Nisaa is part of 100Women@Davos, was a Keynote Speaker at COP26 (openCOP) & selected as a Guide at The Resolution Project. She is a Contributing Writer for Arianna Huffington’s Thrive Global and Entrepreneur.
Nisaa launched an energy governance group in the highest house of UK Parliament (2015) hosted by Under-Secretary of State for International Development & Climate Minister through the membership organisation she founded JCI (p.o.). JCI has global affiliations with the Council of Europe, Economic and Social Chamber of the UN & International Chamber of Commerce. Nisaa was a pioneer and structured the organisation around the SDGs later invited alongside 150+ Heads of State to the global adoption of the UN SDGs (2015).
Instrumental in curating a focus event at COP21 (Paris Climate Accord), and speaker in UK Parliament on increasing female representation in politics & Int’l governance, she has also worked as a policy analyst and speech writer for Canada’s previous Special Envoy to Sudan inside The Senate of Canada and awarded the Ambassador for Peace Award (UPF), and nominated by the United State of Women Summit hosted by The White House.
Selected by UN Women to curate one of the global 92Y Genius Panels (MSNBC gathered 32 world shakers) on Google Campus, Nisaa was part of one of the only global working groups for youth and gender equality with the United Nations (UN Women).
AWARDS & MEMBERSHIPS:
She was awarded the Ambassador for Peace Award (UPF) and separately nominated by the United State of Women Summit hosted by The White House. Nisaa was asked to represent the United Kingdom at the United Nations through the membership organisation she launched in UK Parliament. She was also selected to advise key UN officials on a private Braintrust for scaling peace and restorative justice models to catalyse community development and climate change solutions. She is part of a 100 Women at Davos (World Economic Forum), launched at Davos on January 2020 for C-Suite women working towards participation in leadership at all levels of decision making. Members include Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala the current Director General of the World Trade Organisation. Nisaa is currently the Climate Change Ambassador (Youth Development & Women’s Economic Empowerment) of The Centre for Responsible Leadership (Leadership Team includes Al Gore’s Vice President Nominee Senator Lieberman).
Nisaa Jetha holds a BA (Hons) in International Development Studies from McGill University, an LLB (Hons) from the University of London with post-graduate diplomas in International Law from the University of Nottingham and bar from the University of Law. She is a qualified solicitor of England & Wales. She was asked to take part in Harvard Kennedy’s School of Government Initiative for Responsive Investing (IRI) developed in collaboration with the World Economic Forum.
- Director & Head of Global Impact, ESG & Sustainability
- U MUSIC HOTELS (the joint venture between the world’s largest music group, Universal Music Group and Dakia U-Ventures)
- Press: UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP AND DAKIA U-VENTURES ANNOUNCE UMUSIC HOTELS – UMG
- Ambassador for Climate Change (Youth Development & Women’s Economic Empowerment)
- Guide & Mentor
- THE RESOLUTION PROJECT
- Board of Directors Include: Director & Associate General Counsel (Deutsche Bank), National Programs Lead (Apple), Former Secretary General of Intl Chamber of Commerce, COO of Deloitte Global, Global Head of Sustainable Investing (JP Morgan), VP of Blackstone Charitable Foundation
- THE RESOLUTION PROJECT
- Director & Board Member
- Freelance Writer
- THE ENTREPRENEUR
- ARIANNA HUFFINGTON’S THRIVE GLOBAL
PRESS & MEDIA REFERENCES
Nisaa Jetha has been referenced, cited and/or profiled in the following media for her work across international relations, global governance forums and her international speaking engagements.
- Economic Policy Times
- Market Watch
- The Global Reporter Journal
- The Global Business Watch
- The International World Times
- Canadian News Journal
- The Canadian Reporter
- US Political Press Releases – The Latest News from the United States
- US National Times
- The Political Reporter Online
- Finance Industry Today
- Political Journal Canada
- Nasdaq News Today
- Finance Industry Today
- US Politics Today
- US Times Gazette
United Nations Inter-Governmental Organisation (IGO). Nisaa is Director (Board of Directors) on a United Nations Inter-Governmental Organisation, The Be Earth Foundation (Be Earth). An IGO is comprised mainly of sovereign states or other IGOs, like the World Health Organisation (WHO), The World Bank, and other global actors. IGOs are involved in treaty making and often have international legal status which bind the IGO and its Member States under international law. IGOs differ from NGOs in that they work at the highest level of government with Heads of State. Be Earth advises, assists and enables in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) on behalf 12 countries with which it has Treaties.
- Strategic Partners Include: U-Ventures (Universal Music Group), Dakia Global Enterprise & Morgan Stanley.
- Network Partners Include: The African Union, UN Habitat, Real Madrid FC, World Health Organisation, World Health Innovation Summit, SDG Cities, Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- Select U-Ventures Advisors Include:
IMPACT LAW & PRIVATE EQUITY
Nisaa Jetha is a solicitor of England & Wales with private equity experience operating as in-house counsel for investment funds in emerging geographies. She also has experience advising on pro-bono matters across the charity space with a particular focus on climate change, sustainability, ESG and impact. She is a current member of the legal network of social impact.
VENTURE CAPITAL & PRIVATE EQUITY
Nisaa is a current Global Expert and on the Impact Committee of Consilience Ventures one of the first tokenised venture-capital funds where she advises and supports their portfolio companies and recommends investment opportunities. She also consults for other funds/ PE managers across impact advisory strategy. Nisaa has over five years of private equity experience across emerging markets with public market exposure. She has curated global impact strategy, benchmarked the United Nation’s SDGs across mid-cap private equity deals and headed departments inside FCA regulated investment managers across Impact and ESG. She has been the highest ranking Environmental and Social Management System Officer (managing ESG) across a portfolio of USD $150 million across three separate geographies designated by the International Finance Corporation (World Bank Group).
SMARTlab Academy4thefuture is an innovative research program around building out next generation solutions to catalyse and co-create a sustainable future 4 all. It was launched at Davos in 2018 with presence from the United Nations & the Female Quotient.
- Professor Harriet Anna Mayor Fulbright the widow of United States Senator J. William Fulbright of the Fulbright Foundation. She was the former Executive Director of the President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities under President Bill Clinton. She currently serves as President of the Harriet Fulbright Center. In addition, she served as a Board President of Harriet Fulbright College. Professor Harriet Fulbright serves as an unofficial ambassador for the Fulbright Program.
- Lizbeth Goodman the Chair of Creative Technology Innovation and Full Professor of Inclusive Design for Engineering and Education at University College Dublin (Ireland), where she directs the Inclusive Design Research Centre of Ireland at UCD (IDRC) within the College of Engineering and Architecture, in collaboration with SMARTlab, which she founded in 1992 under its first impact imprint in the UK.
- Dr. Jacquelyn Ford Morie a Member of the Board of Directors at the Virtual World Society who also serves as a Senior Adviser to the XPRIZE Foundation.
THRIVE GLOBAL– Thrive Global seeks to raise awareness and create real and tangible solutions to help individuals, companies and communities improve their well-being and performance to unlock their greatest potential.
Global Civil Society Led Initiative – Beijing +25 and Generation Equality Forum — Advisory Working Group to the Core Group representing civil society’s best interests and needs in the planning process for the Generation Equality Forums (UN Women)
- NGO -CSW
- The Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) is the principal global intergovernmental body exclusively dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women. A functional commission of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), it was established by ECOSOC resolution 11(II) of 21 June 1946.The CSW is instrumental in promoting women’s rights, documenting the reality of women’s lives throughout the world, and shaping global standards on gender equality and the empowerment of women. In 1996, ECOSOC in resolution 1996/6 (see p. 20) expanded the Commission’s mandate and decided that it should take a leading role in monitoring and reviewing progress and problems in the implementation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, and in mainstreaming a gender perspective in UN activities.
Nisaa Jetha Co-Launched Africa’s Alternative Energy Summit & Exhibition Inside United Kingdom’s Parliament (House of Commons) in 2015 as Community Director (London) of the Junior Chamber of Commerce (JCI). JCI has global affiliations with UNESCO, Council of Europe, Economic & Social Chamber of the United Nations and in a World Partnership with The International Chamber of Commerce.[/caption]