Nisaa Jetha is currently the Director and Head of Global Impact, ESG & Sustainability at UMusic Hotels (the joint venture between the world’s largest music group, Universal Music Group and Dakia U-Ventures & Curator of ImpactforSDGs.
Nisaa is a qualified solicitor of England & Wales with private equity experience across impact curation, ESG, SDG metric build out across mid-cap PE portfolios (USD 15-100 mil) previously ranking as most senior ESG officer across a portfolio that spanned three nations. She is the Curator of ImpactforSDGs, and the former Global Ambassador for Climate Change at the Centre for Responsible Leadership (alongside Al Gore’s VP Nominee Senator Lieberman) partnered with President Bill Clinton & John Hopkin’s University. Nisaa is part of 100Women@Davos, was a Keynote Speaker at COP26 (openCOP) & selected as a Guide at The Resolution Project. She has been a Contributing Writer for Arianna Huffington’s Thrive Global and Entrepreneur.
Nisaa launched an energy governance group in the highest house of UK Parliament (2015) hosted by Under-Secretary of State for International Development & Climate Minister through the membership organisation she founded JCI (p.o.). JCI has global affiliations with the Council of Europe, Economic and Social Chamber of the UN & International Chamber of Commerce. Nisaa was a pioneer and structured the organisation around the SDGs later invited alongside 150+ Heads of State to the global adoption of the UN SDGs (2015).
Instrumental in curating a focus event at COP21 (Paris Climate Accord), and speaker in UK Parliament on increasing female representation in politics & International governance, she has also worked as a policy analyst and speech writer for Canada’s previous Special Envoy to Sudan inside The Senate of Canada and awarded the Ambassador for Peace Award (UPF), and nominated by the United State of Women Summit hosted by The White House.
Selected by UN Women to curate one of the global 92Y Genius Panels (MSNBC gathered 32 world shakers) on Google Campus, Nisaa was part of one of the only global working groups for youth and gender equality with the United Nations (UN Women).
Nisaa Jetha was ranked within the Top 20 Impact & Sustainability Leaders across Europe as a successful local founder who leads the ecosystem by the Founder Institute. In total, Founder Institute Alumni are worth an estimated $30BN and produced around 1,300 companies including Udemy, Kindara, and Zirtual.
ADVISORY ROLES & IMPACT ENGAGEMENT
Nisaa Jetha was awarded the Ambassador for Peace Award (UPF) and separately nominated by the United State of Women Summit hosted by The White House. Nisaa was asked to represent the United Kingdom at the United Nations through the membership organisation she launched in UK Parliament. She was also selected to advise key UN officials on a private Braintrust for scaling peace and restorative justice models to catalyse community development and climate change solutions. She is part of a 100 Women at Davos (World Economic Forum), launched at Davos on January 2020 for C-Suite women working towards participation in leadership at all levels of decision making. Members include Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala the current Director General of the World Trade Organisation.
Nisaa is on the LP Steering Committee of the Fourth Floor, Guide at the Resolution Project, Cosmos Member (RegenIntel), Member of the World Economic Forum, Board Member at a United Nations IGO, Curator of ImpactforSDGs, Future H. (Hero), GGPN Leadership Team, Member of the National Climate Taskforce (United States’ Department of Energy (DoE) and EOPA) & Culture Council Member of Rolling Stone Magazine.
Separately, within her personal capacity, Nisaa Jetha was selected as one of 27 Climate Challenge Labs inside the Innovation Lab at the United Nations COP27. She is the previous Global Ambassador for Climate Change at the Centre for Responsible Leadership (alongside Al Gore’s VP Nominee Senator Lieberman) partnered with President Bill Clinton & John Hopkin’s University & part of 100Women@Davos.
Nisaa Jetha holds a BA (Hons) in International Development Studies from McGill University, an LLB (Hons) from the University of London with post-graduate diplomas in International Law from the University of Nottingham and bar from the University of Law. She is a qualified solicitor of England & Wales. She was asked to take part in Harvard Kennedy’s School of Government Initiative for Responsive Investing (IRI) developed in collaboration with the World Economic Forum.
- Director & Head of Global Impact, ESG & Sustainability
- UMUSIC HOTELS (the joint venture between the world’s largest music group, Universal Music Group & Dakia U-Ventures (select advisors include: Kevin Wall, Trudy Green, Bill Silva)
- Press: UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP AND DAKIA U-VENTURES ANNOUNCE UMUSIC HOTELS – UMG
- Advisor (Guide)
- THE RESOLUTION PROJECT
- Board of Directors Include: Director & Associate General Counsel (Deutsche Bank), National Programs Lead (Apple), Former Secretary General of Intl Chamber of Commerce, COO of Deloitte Global, Global Head of Sustainable Investing (JP Morgan), VP of Blackstone Charitable Foundation
- THE RESOLUTION PROJECT
- Chief Global Impact Strategist
- A catalytic development platform furthering innovative social, environmental & physical infrastructure initiatives disrupting the tourism ecosystem reshaping developing communities & nations.
- Founder & Curator- Global Impact Advisory Platform furthering the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Freelance Writer
- THE ENTREPRENEUR
- CULTURE COUNCIL MEMBER OF ROLLING STONE (MAGAZINE)
- ARIANNA HUFFINGTON’S THRIVE GLOBAL (previous)
PRESS & MEDIA REFERENCES
Nisaa Jetha has been referenced, cited and/or profiled in the following media for her work across international relations, global governance forums and her international speaking engagements.
- Economic Policy Times
- Market Watch
- The Global Reporter Journal
- The Global Business Watch
- The International World Times
- Canadian News Journal
- The Canadian Reporter
- US Political Press Releases – The Latest News from the United States
- US National Times
- The Political Reporter Online
- Finance Industry Today
- Political Journal Canada
- Nasdaq News Today
- Finance Industry Today
- US Politics Today
- US Times Gazette
United Nations Inter-Governmental Organisation (IGO). Nisaa is Director (Board of Directors) on a United Nations Inter-Governmental Organisation, The Be Earth Foundation (Be Earth). An IGO is comprised mainly of sovereign states or other IGOs, like the World Health Organisation (WHO), The World Bank, and other global actors. IGOs are involved in treaty making and often have international legal status which bind the IGO and its Member States under international law. IGOs differ from NGOs in that they work at the highest level of government with Heads of State. Be Earth advises, assists and enables in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) on behalf 12 countries with which it has Treaties.
IMPACT LAW & PRIVATE EQUITY
Nisaa Jetha is a solicitor of England & Wales with private equity experience operating as in-house counsel for investment funds in emerging geographies. She also has experience advising on pro-bono matters across the charity space with a particular focus on climate change, sustainability, ESG and impact. She is a current member of the legal network of social impact.
VENTURE CAPITAL & PRIVATE EQUITY
Nisaa was a previous Global Expert and on the Impact Committee of Consilience Ventures one of the first tokenised venture-capital funds where she advises and supports their portfolio companies and recommends investment opportunities. She also consults for other funds/ PE managers across impact advisory strategy. Nisaa has private equity experience across emerging markets with public market exposure and has curated global impact strategy, benchmarked the United Nation’s SDGs across mid-cap private equity deals and headed departments inside FCA regulated investment managers across Impact and ESG. She has been the highest ranking Environmental and Social Management System Officer (managing ESG) across a portfolio of USD $150 million across three separate geographies designated by the International Finance Corporation (World Bank Group).
THRIVE GLOBAL– Thrive Global seeks to raise awareness and create real and tangible solutions to help individuals, companies and communities improve their well-being and performance to unlock their greatest potential.
Global Civil Society Led Initiative – Beijing +25 and Generation Equality Forum — Advisory Working Group to the Core Group representing civil society’s best interests and needs in the planning process for the Generation Equality Forums (UN Women)
- NGO -CSW
- The Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) is the principal global intergovernmental body exclusively dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women. A functional commission of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), it was established by ECOSOC resolution 11(II) of 21 June 1946.The CSW is instrumental in promoting women’s rights, documenting the reality of women’s lives throughout the world, and shaping global standards on gender equality and the empowerment of women. In 1996, ECOSOC in resolution 1996/6 (see p. 20) expanded the Commission’s mandate and decided that it should take a leading role in monitoring and reviewing progress and problems in the implementation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, and in mainstreaming a gender perspective in UN activities.
Nisaa Jetha Co-Launched Africa’s Alternative Energy Summit & Exhibition Inside United Kingdom’s Parliament (House of Commons) in 2015 as Community Director (London) of the Junior Chamber of Commerce (JCI). JCI has global affiliations with UNESCO, Council of Europe, Economic & Social Chamber of the United Nations and in a World Partnership with The International Chamber of Commerce.[/caption]