Nisaa Jetha holds a BA (Hons) in International Development Studies from McGill University, an LLB (Hons) from the University of London with post-graduate diplomas in International Law from the University of Nottingham and bar from the University of Law. Recently finished at the Harvard Kennedy’s School (IRI)– developed in collaboration with the World Economic Forum and the Centre for Sustainable Finance and Private Wealth on Impacting Investing for the Next Generation.
Current Board Memberships
- Non-Executive Director – The British Award for African Development
- Head of Strategy – The British Award for African Development
- Head of Impact & In-House Counsel – Alta Semper Capital
- Global Civil Society Led Initiative – Beijing +25 and Generation Equality Forum
- Advisory Working Group to the Core Group representing civil society’s best interests and needs in the planning process for the Generation Equality Forums (UN Women)
- This Generation Equality Forum is a multi-stakeholder gathering in Mexico and Paris in 2020 and convened by UN Women, co-chaired by the governments of France and Mexico and in partnership with global civil society.
- NGO -CSW
- The Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) is the principal global intergovernmental body exclusively dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women. A functional commission of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), it was established by ECOSOC resolution 11(II) of 21 June 1946.The CSW is instrumental in promoting women’s rights, documenting the reality of women’s lives throughout the world, and shaping global standards on gender equality and the empowerment of women.In 1996, ECOSOC in resolution 1996/6 (see p. 20) expanded the Commission’s mandate and decided that it should take a leading role in monitoring and reviewing progress and problems in the implementation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, and in mainstreaming a gender perspective in UN activities.